You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't see a Delete option under Image - how can I delete photos in Iphoto on Mac?

How can I delete photos in iPhoto?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 8:02 AM

In Photos 5 on MacOS 10.15 Catalina the delete options have changed in the menus.

When you are viewing photos in an album, the "delete" option is hidden from the quick menu (secondary click on the image) and the Image menu. Only "Remove from Album" is shown. If you hold down the command key while viewing the menu, you will also see the "Delete image" command.

Or use directly ⌘⌫ - this shortcut is working in all views to delete selected photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2020 8:02 AM in response to tramyorli

In Photos 5 on MacOS 10.15 Catalina the delete options have changed in the menus.

When you are viewing photos in an album, the "delete" option is hidden from the quick menu (secondary click on the image) and the Image menu. Only "Remove from Album" is shown. If you hold down the command key while viewing the menu, you will also see the "Delete image" command.

Or use directly ⌘⌫ - this shortcut is working in all views to delete selected photos.

Don't see a Delete option under Image - how can I delete photos in Iphoto on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.