You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Ipad emails reloading

For the past two weeks, any emails I have deleted reload back to my inbox. I have gone to the trash and deleted them there as well but by the next day they’re back. In addition, I cannot see the emails that I kept in my inbox. I’ve also tried online via icloud mail but it’s also a mess. Can this be fixed?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 3:52 AM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2020 3:31 PM in response to rosefromsaintjohn

Hi there rosefromsaintjohn,

Managing email is definitely an important task, and we see you're running into a few issues on your iPad. We'd like to learn more about what's happening to see how we can assist.

It sounds like this is happening with an @iCloud.com mail account. Is that correct? If you use any other mail accounts on your iPad, have you noticed similar behavior with those accounts?

Do you use the same account on any other devices? Are you able to permanently delete an email from the other device?

When you say you can't see emails that you kept in your Inbox, what exactly is happening there? Are you finding that mail doesn't load when you open the app, or something else?

Also, what happened exactly on the iCloud website? As a test, when you delete an email directly from the iCloud website and empty the Trash there, does it still return to your Inbox?

Let us know how it goes!

Best wishes.

Sep 25, 2020 5:21 AM in response to ryane77

Hi ryane77, thanks for responding.

I specifically use the @me.com but they are both options through the icloud.com mail. I do not use any other mail and I do not access this mail anywhere other than my ipad.

I used to have around 20ish emails I kept in my inbox. It was easier than printing them out for when I needed them later. I can no longer see them. I can only see some mail that I didn’t delete this week.

On the icloud website, it doesn’t match my ipad. I only went into it the once and tried to delete but there were so many there I gave up. The unread haven’t reloaded again this week but it wasn’t a daily event anyhow.

Here is the screenshot from my mail right now. It states on the bottom that there are 406 unread but I cannot access anything else other than what you see. I have also pasted the screenshot from the icloud website and as you can see they don’t match and it says I have more unread.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Deleted Ipad emails reloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.