You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two displays, one fixed Dock position

Hi,

I have MacBook Pro with latest updates. On the top, I have an external screen, and on the bottom I have my MacBook screen. (See screenshots). I need and want to use the Mission Control "Displays have separate Spaces" and keep the Dock ALWAYS and only in the top external screen.

I am going crazy because the dock appears on the bottom (MacBook) screen. And this is not what I want.

How can i keep my current configuration but "force" the dock to be on the first screen always (not left, not right, but on the bottom of that screen" ?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:46 AM

I need and want to use the Mission Control "Displays have separate Spaces" and keep the Dock ALWAYS and only in the top external screen.

Not possible without rearranging your displays.

The Dock will not show on the intersection of two displays.

Similar questions

1 reply

Two displays, one fixed Dock position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.