You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leave space above attachment in OSX Apple Mail?

A lot of my older Mac users have trouble when attaching files to an email -- the blinking "insertion point" is either in front of or behind the attachment, and when you start typing, the text either pushes the attachment to the right, or else extends from the attachment to the right...

These older Mac users often don't understand what it means to use the RETURN key to "push" the attachment down the page, and "make room" for text.

This problem is really worsened if the attachment shows as a PREVIEW, because even if the person hits ENTER to push the image down, the newly created line of TEXT is HIDDEN ABOVE THE ATTACHMENT

You have to literally CLICK in front of the image / attachment preview, then hit enter, and THEN SCROLL UP.

Could we just have a couple blank lines of text above the attachment, to insert text into?

BTW, I have learned to disable attachment preview -- this at least lets the person see where the inserted text is appearing.

Thanks!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 3:23 PM

Before I attach I down arrow a few times or Page End the hit Return/Enter.

Similar questions

2 replies

Leave space above attachment in OSX Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.