You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I share my location indefinitely with another Iphone user, anytime I use an app and turn on location services, will the other person receive those updates notifying them of changes to my location services?

I turned on location sharing indefinitely with a friend. Will he only be able to see my location? If I download a new app and it requests me to turn on location services and I turn it on, will my friend receive a notification that I had done that on his Iphone?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 11:45 PM

No. When you give access to an app for location services then no one is notified even if you are sharing the location with another person.

Axel F.

1 reply

If I share my location indefinitely with another Iphone user, anytime I use an app and turn on location services, will the other person receive those updates notifying them of changes to my location services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.