You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apps won't open and my phone will not turn off or power off

i don't know what to do at this point.. i cannot get into any apps, and its looks like my phone turn off button will not work. i used it for siri and i worked perfectly fine, it just won't power off or even turn off. i do not know what is happening with my phone, and i have tried searching things up. nothing is working.. please help me resolve this issue, if not i will take it to apple store. thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 8:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 8:23 PM

Try restarting your phone:

Press and release Volume Up

Press and release Volume Down

Press and Hold the side button till you see the Apple logo on your phone

Do not release when you see the slider to power off your phone just continue to hold the button till you see the logo at which point you can then release and let the phone continue to boot

Also to turn the power off on the phone, press and hold the volume down and the side button till you see the slider at which point you can then slide the slider to turn the phone off

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2020 8:23 PM in response to erikaelinaepena

Try restarting your phone:

Press and release Volume Up

Press and release Volume Down

Press and Hold the side button till you see the Apple logo on your phone

Do not release when you see the slider to power off your phone just continue to hold the button till you see the logo at which point you can then release and let the phone continue to boot

Also to turn the power off on the phone, press and hold the volume down and the side button till you see the slider at which point you can then slide the slider to turn the phone off

my apps won't open and my phone will not turn off or power off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.