You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam.

Received an email stating that my iCloud account would be closed if not verified. I followed the link and it brought me to a screen which asked for my Social Security number and my credit card information. When logging onto this site it does not appear to have any issues with my personal information. Is it spam?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 12:08 PM

It is most definitely a scam and spam. Delete the email and ignore.

As long as you didn't enter any personal information and submit it, you're done. If you did submit the info it asked for, then you just gave a crook a lot of valuable information and you will need to IMMEDIATELY start taking steps to prevent fraud.

If one of them was your Apple ID and password, go into your account at icloud.com RIGHT NOW and change the password.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 12:08 PM in response to Tdminors

It is most definitely a scam and spam. Delete the email and ignore.

As long as you didn't enter any personal information and submit it, you're done. If you did submit the info it asked for, then you just gave a crook a lot of valuable information and you will need to IMMEDIATELY start taking steps to prevent fraud.

If one of them was your Apple ID and password, go into your account at icloud.com RIGHT NOW and change the password.

Spam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.