You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't access Photos in iMovie. All i have us "All Photos" with up and down arrows but no content. Can someone help?

i can't access Photos in iMovie. All i have us "All Photos" with up and down arrows but no content. Can someone help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 9:54 AM

Check to confirm that your Photos library is designated as the system photos library. Open Photos and do Photos/Preferences/General. Make sure that the box that says "use as system Photo library" is grayed out. Grayed out means that it already is your system photos library. If it is not grayed out, click it to gray it.

Another thing that you can try is to delete preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2020 9:54 AM in response to Brett_Melbourne

Check to confirm that your Photos library is designated as the system photos library. Open Photos and do Photos/Preferences/General. Make sure that the box that says "use as system Photo library" is grayed out. Grayed out means that it already is your system photos library. If it is not grayed out, click it to gray it.

Another thing that you can try is to delete preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.