You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos is not listed in my iMovie Libraries, anyone help to get it?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 9:31 AM

Hi, martinfromlisburn,

In order for Photos to be listed in the iMovie sidebar it must be designated as the system photo library. To confirm this, open your Photos app and click on Photos/Preferences/General and make sure that the box that says "use as system photo library" is grayed out. Grayed out means that it is already your system photo library. If it is not grayed out, click on it to gray it out and that will make the library your system photo library. Then it should show up in your iMovie side bar.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 9:31 AM in response to martinfromlisburn

Hi, martinfromlisburn,

In order for Photos to be listed in the iMovie sidebar it must be designated as the system photo library. To confirm this, open your Photos app and click on Photos/Preferences/General and make sure that the box that says "use as system photo library" is grayed out. Grayed out means that it is already your system photo library. If it is not grayed out, click on it to gray it out and that will make the library your system photo library. Then it should show up in your iMovie side bar.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.