You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs I delete keep coming back 3 days later

Hi

Can someone please help me with this issue I have in my Apple Music, songs that I remove downloads for and then delete keep coming back 3 days later, no mater how I try and remove them, they just keep coming back. I never used to have this problem months ago. How can I permanently remove these songs when they come back again????

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 3:35 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2020 6:59 AM in response to lb0306

You've posted in the Music on Mac forum so I assumed you were talking about the app on a Mac. On an iPhone you can use the Delete from Library option instead of Removing Downloads first and then using Delete from Library later. The second option does both tasks. If deleting from the library isn't working properly I would suggest first rebooting the device, and if the problem persists turn off Sync Library, then turn it back on again. This should reset your device's connection to iCloud Music Library, and hopefully mean that actions you take on the phone get reflected in the cloud.

tt2

Oct 5, 2020 12:52 AM in response to turingtest2

it's across all my devices, MacBook Pro and iPhone Pro Max, its even worse now, now the songs are coming back twice, the ones I removed from library.

It was never like this, ever since these last updates from Apple have happened nothing is functioning right like ti used to.'

Im working on my MacBook because it quicker to get rid of these songs, otherwise it takes forever on the phone.

All devices have been rebooted but the problem continues.

Oct 5, 2020 2:08 PM in response to lb0306

Do you have any third party security software on your computer? I've seen some reports that changes to the Music library aren't being saved for some people, so perhaps that is what you're seeing. Although to be fair I'd still expect the deletions to be processed in your devices even if the library brings them back. I'd also expect files you delete from your hard drive to stay deleted.

tt2

Songs I delete keep coming back 3 days later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.