You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"advanced tools" in iMovie 10.1.16 preferences

I can't access "advanced tools" in iMovie 10.1.16 preferences on my desktop. Why? How can I do this?

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:21 AM

To make the Picture in Picture tool show up in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen, you need first to place a clip in the upper timeline above another clip, and then select the upper clip by clicking on it. That will make the overlap icon appear in the tool bar. It looks like over lapping squares. Click on that and a little box will appear below and to the left of the icon where you can choose Picture in Picture.

-- Rich

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Anita123

To make the Picture in Picture tool show up in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen, you need first to place a clip in the upper timeline above another clip, and then select the upper clip by clicking on it. That will make the overlap icon appear in the tool bar. It looks like over lapping squares. Click on that and a little box will appear below and to the left of the icon where you can choose Picture in Picture.

-- Rich

"advanced tools" in iMovie 10.1.16 preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.