You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete My Safari Bookmark

I have added a bookmark/app from safari using the "Add to home screen." After a while, I don't need it on my iPhone 6s and I want to delete. When I hold down on the app/bookmark, it doesn't show the X to delete it. When I go to safari - bookmarks, it doesn't show the app/bookmark I want to delete. It is now stuck on my screen. By the way, it is updated to IOS 14.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 12:01 AM

The_Great_God wrote:

I have added a bookmark/app from safari using the "Add to home screen." After a while, I don't need it on my iPhone 6s and I want to delete. When I hold down on the app/bookmark, it doesn't show the X to delete it. When I go to safari - bookmarks, it doesn't show the app/bookmark I want to delete. It is now stuck on my screen. By the way, it is updated to IOS 14.

On iOS 14, you will not see the 'X' to delete it, but you should get a popup with an option Delete Bookmark (see screenshot below)

If you do not see that option, first, Restart your iPhone and retry, then check your Screen Time restrictions ...

Goto Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps ... Verify it is set to Allow

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 12:01 AM in response to The_Great_God

The_Great_God wrote:

On iOS 14, you will not see the 'X' to delete it, but you should get a popup with an option Delete Bookmark (see screenshot below)

If you do not see that option, first, Restart your iPhone and retry, then check your Screen Time restrictions ...

Goto Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps ... Verify it is set to Allow

Delete My Safari Bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.