You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Albums not on icloud.com

Are Shared Albums I create not available on icloud.com? I created a shared album on my iPhone and it is not showing up in Photos in my icloud account or on my MacBook. How do I get my photos, albums, etc to synch across all of my iOS platforms (iPad, iPhone, MacBook)?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:02 AM

1. Several users have reported, that some shared albums are not visible on the Mac. I noticed, that I had to wait more than a day for all shared albums and photos to appear on my other devices. It might be a new problem with iOS 14. I would wait, before doing anything drastic.
  2. If you publish an album as a public website, anyone who knows the link can see it. Keep the link secret. I am usually using the "Public website" option to be able to check, if the photos are uploading to iCloud at all. If the photos are appearing on the website, I know, that the upload is working and if I do not see the photos other devices, the download must be the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Jim Vick

1. Several users have reported, that some shared albums are not visible on the Mac. I noticed, that I had to wait more than a day for all shared albums and photos to appear on my other devices. It might be a new problem with iOS 14. I would wait, before doing anything drastic.
  2. If you publish an album as a public website, anyone who knows the link can see it. Keep the link secret. I am usually using the "Public website" option to be able to check, if the photos are uploading to iCloud at all. If the photos are appearing on the website, I know, that the upload is working and if I do not see the photos other devices, the download must be the problem.

Oct 9, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Jim Vick

You should be able to see the shared albums in the Photos.app on your Mac, if you enable them in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud for your system Photos Library.

The shared albums are not shown on the iCloud webpage at www.icloud.com . You can see them in a web browser, if you enable them as a public web site. When you enable the website option, you will see a link, that you can copy and safe.

Oct 9, 2020 8:39 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for the quick response:

1) I can see some of the shared albums on the Photos.app on my Mac, but not all of them. I created a shared album on my iPhone yesterday and it is still not visible on my Photos.app on my mac. I also have photos that I have taken that are not synching between the iPhone and Mac Photos apps. Is there something I can do to force the synch?

2) If I enable an album as public, who has access to see the pictures once I do this? Most importantly can anyone see these pictures at that point?

Shared Albums not on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.