You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 install using bootcamp assistant on MacBook Pro 2020

1) I created Windows-10 ISO image on USB flash drive from Microsoft website using their download tool on a Windows-10 Pro machine running 64 bit Windows. When I insert it in Mac in Bootcamp Assistant says "Remove External Storage" and won't proceed unless this is done. So I disconnected USB flash drive and continued.

2) On next screen Bootcamp Assistant asks for ISO image and partition info. I connected the USB flash drive that has the Windows-10 ISO image files. What's the folder / filename to be selected for ISO image? Whichever one I select, Bootcamp Assistant gives me a dialog box saying "Need 64 bit Windows 10 or later ...". What is this? I can't proceed with disk partitioning and Windows-10 setup. How do I proceed?

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 9:49 PM

Resolved by:

1) creating ISO file on PC C drive rather than USB flash drive;

2) formatting a SDHC card on PC with exFat;

3) copying ISO file fromPC C drive to SDHC card formatted above;

4) use SDHC card with Windows ISO file in MacBook Pro with USB-C adapter in Bootcamp Assistant

5) select partition size

Installation succeeded!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2020 9:49 PM in response to gvellanki

Resolved by:

1) creating ISO file on PC C drive rather than USB flash drive;

2) formatting a SDHC card on PC with exFat;

3) copying ISO file fromPC C drive to SDHC card formatted above;

4) use SDHC card with Windows ISO file in MacBook Pro with USB-C adapter in Bootcamp Assistant

5) select partition size

Installation succeeded!

Windows 10 install using bootcamp assistant on MacBook Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.