You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Device Assignments" no longer showing up in Apple Business Manager

Prior to the recent update to OS14, Apple Business Manager had an option to select "Device Assignments" and select from Serial Number, Order Number, and Upload CSV File to assign device(s) to an MDM server (see attached screenshot). This option is no longer available and only shows as "Devices", showing a list of already-enrolled devices. Is there an issue with our Apple Business Manager account that needs to be resolved to restore this option, or has it permanently been removed?

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 12:22 PM

You weren't really adding devices before using those methods. You were simply locating them and making sure they were assigned to the MDM server. You can still locate using the devices page and searching by serial number, order number, or source. You can also do a quick search to see which devices are added but unassigned to an MDM server.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2020 12:22 PM in response to miklonario

You weren't really adding devices before using those methods. You were simply locating them and making sure they were assigned to the MDM server. You can still locate using the devices page and searching by serial number, order number, or source. You can also do a quick search to see which devices are added but unassigned to an MDM server.

Oct 22, 2020 12:56 PM in response to celliott147

Hello,

Thank you for the reply - I do see now where my misunderstanding lay. While the removal of the convenient device assignment feature means that after Apple Configurator, I now need to download the Excel file via Apple Business Manager to extract the serial number to then use this serial number to search across the list of devices before I can re-assign results it in a far more circuitous process than using the "Device Assignments" function that was removed, I now understand that the underlying workflow has not changed, just made far less efficient. Thanks again for the clarification.

"Device Assignments" no longer showing up in Apple Business Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.