You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod nano won't sync with the new Apple music platform. What do I do?

I have an iPod nano. I recently updated to the new Apple music iTunes platform. I bought music but can't add the songs to my iPod for whatever reason. Whenever I click the "Sync music" icon, it asks if I want to remove everything on the nano and then re-sync with what's on my iTunes library. I don't want to do that. I simply want to add my new songs.

How do I do that? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2020 2:07 PM in response to Jason_Antonio

Hello Jason_Antonio,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're glad you're here, and it will be our pleasure to help you. We see from your post that you're trying to add some songs you purchased in iTunes to your iPod touch.

A few things to consider:

• Follow this link for tips to Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

Note: “If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up-to-date across all of your devices, some syncing features through iTunes might be turned off.”

• View these steps to Access your music library on all your devices.

WARNING: If you choose to replace the music library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the music files on the device are deleted. The original files are kept on the Mac you previously synced them from, and iTunes Store purchases are always available to download again.”

We trust these tips will help you clearly understand your options.

All the best!

My iPod nano won't sync with the new Apple music platform. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.