You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with wifi with Ios 14.1 on Xs Max e ipad pro 11 2018

Hi , I have some problems of connection on my iphone and ipad after last update . It's very slow to connect to the wifi and often , it's disconnected itself from the network ..... For example , before update I can connect to wifi also in bathroom , now not .... someone else with same problems ? Thanks

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 10:31 PM

4 replies

Nov 1, 2020 4:54 AM in response to Birkhoff92

I recently had that same issue. I tried different things, even resetting my network settings, but nothing worked. I didn’t restore to factory settings, but I found out that if you have a VPN configuration on your device that you were using before upgrading to iOS 14, this could be what’s causing a conflict that won’t let you connect to a WiFi network. To solve this, all I did was delete the VPN configurations I had (if you have several VPN configurations as I did, delete them all, and don’t worry, you will be able to install the again to continue using your VPN settings), by going to Settings>General>VPN. There select the info icon on every configuration and then “Delete VPN”.

After I did this, I restored the network settings again, and now I can connect to my WiFi network without any problem. Also I reinstalled the VPN configurations I used and they are working just fine.

I hope this works for you as well.

Problem with wifi with Ios 14.1 on Xs Max e ipad pro 11 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.