You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook starts up, then shuts down

I’m not quite sure what happened but I can’t get my MacBook to run. Every time I turn it on, it goes almost all the way thru startup and then shuts down. There’s also some glitchy looking graphics on the startup screen (very very small letters and numbers all over the screen) and I have no idea how it’s doing this. Also, my trackpad isn’t “clicking” anymore. Not sure if the two are related but, what do I do?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:21 PM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2020 6:48 AM in response to indianshortie

Hi, indianshortie.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We’re glad you decided to reach out about your MacBook. If we understand correctly, you can see the progress bar and it goes almost all the way to the end before your MacBook shuts down. It sounds like you may be experiencing the issue outlined in this article:

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If we’re on the same page, try the steps outlined here. 

If the steps are unsuccessful, let us know what happens when you try.

All our best.

MacBook starts up, then shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.