You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Printer Problem with Catalina and download HP printer drivers

My computer is no longer talking to my (old) HP printer (Photosmart C7280 All-in-One).

Not clear why all of a sudden I have this problem as up until a couple of days ago the printer was working just fine, and I did not see any Mac OS Catalina software update.

My system is version 10.15.7 and up to date.

I have downloaded the Printer Drivers from the HP web site and the Apple web site https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US and installed the HP Printer drivers5.1 - several times with a reboot but the printer still doesn't work.

Can anyone help please?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 7:32 PM

I had this problem starting this morning. All of a sudden there seems to be a mis-communication or mis-trust between the older HP software and Apple's interpretation of what is malware. Perhaps as of today, the HP software is missing a certification? An hour with Apple on phone did not fix it.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 25, 2020 3:26 AM in response to daftu

Thank you daftu.

I tried several times to download the software (displaying at 226mb in download window), but it returned an 'unknown error' between 165-170mb and stopped downloading. I've given up! It has taken several hours of my week-end to try and resolve the issue since Friday 23rd.

Mac OS Catalina 10.15 seems to be giving me a clear message: Time to put the old HP printer on the recycling scrap heap after 12 years and invest in a new one!

Appreciate your help.

Thank you again.

HP Printer Problem with Catalina and download HP printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.