You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older iMac, sudden HP printer issues

I have a mid-2010 27" iMac running macOS Sierra v. 10.12.6. At the time I purchased it, I also bought an HP Photosmart C4780 printer (scans, copies, prints, no fax). The only issue I've had with the printer in the past was it would not work wirelessly, so I have always had it connected via USB, no biggie. Suddenly, I am unable to print anything at all. I've completely reloaded the HP printer disk, and still no printing. I am unable to upgrade the OS. Has anyone any suggestions, please and thank you?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 1:58 PM

My apologies, in my original post I meant to input HP. You are not being obtuse, I just goofed. I meant to write:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2021 1:58 PM in response to gena44

My apologies, in my original post I meant to input HP. You are not being obtuse, I just goofed. I meant to write:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Older iMac, sudden HP printer issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.