You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable To Edit - Shared Offline / Needs Upgrade?

I just tried to edit a shared spreadsheet and am unable to do so for some reason.

Numbers keeps pestering me to upgrade to v10.2 (currently at v10.1) but I can't do so because I'm not running MacOS v10.15 (only v10.14.6)

Why is this happening? It's possible that the person that I am sharing with already upgraded. But why can't I unshare?

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:02 AM

Thanks for giving it a try, Justin,

We certainly understand your concern. It sounds like the document itself is fine if you're still able to access it via iCloud. This may have happened if the user who is collaborating on this document with you is using a newer version of Numbers and saved the file.

If you're unable to edit the document via Numbers on your computer, we'd recommend that you work with it via iCloud instead.

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2020 8:02 AM in response to Justin Surpless

Thanks for giving it a try, Justin,

We certainly understand your concern. It sounds like the document itself is fine if you're still able to access it via iCloud. This may have happened if the user who is collaborating on this document with you is using a newer version of Numbers and saved the file.

If you're unable to edit the document via Numbers on your computer, we'd recommend that you work with it via iCloud instead.

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Nov 3, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Justin Surpless

Hi there, Justin,

We understand that you're unable to edit a spreadsheet in Numbers. Are you seeing any alerts when you attempt to make an edit? If so, what message do you see? Any specific details you can share will help us to isolate this behavior further.

If you'd like to stop sharing the spreadsheet, check out the steps to do so outlined here under "Stop sharing a document": About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Unable To Edit - Shared Offline / Needs Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.