You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot comes out dark on mac mini

When I use the screenshot app, the image that's generated is very dark, as compared with the original display. What can I do to fix this?

For instance, my screen appears white as I enter this post. However, a screen grab of the post is very grey. This makes the app pretty much unusable for me.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 8:14 AM

Hi there,

I have resolved the problem. It was due to a brightness slider I had installed on my toolbar. It seems brightness must be set at 100% for the Mac OS provided Screenshot application to work correctly.

Thanks very much to Apple Support for helping me out (I had contacted them shortly after submitting my post).

:)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2020 8:14 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Hi there,

I have resolved the problem. It was due to a brightness slider I had installed on my toolbar. It seems brightness must be set at 100% for the Mac OS provided Screenshot application to work correctly.

Thanks very much to Apple Support for helping me out (I had contacted them shortly after submitting my post).

:)

Nov 9, 2020 7:41 AM in response to new_mac_amateur

Hey there new_mac_amateur,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues using a screenshot app. We're happy to provide some assistance.

To clarify, is this a third-party app? If so, we recommend contacting the app developer:

How to contact an app developer

To take a screenshot on your Mac, take a look here:

Take a screenshot on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Screenshot comes out dark on mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.