You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a MacBook Pro like on September 17th. Is there any way that I can swap that MacBookPro with the latest M1 chip that has released today ?

I bought a MacBook Pro like on September 17th. Is there any way that I can swap that MacBookPro with the latest M1 chip that has released today with no cost ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 1:37 PM

MohanVamsi wrote:

I bought a MacBook Pro like on September 17th. Is there any way that I can swap that MacBookPro with the latest M1 chip that has released today with no cost ?

No cost. No

you have a limited 14 day return policy.

Apple Trade In - Apple

11 replies

Nov 11, 2020 8:24 AM in response to MohanVamsi

Apple is a business and had announced some time ago that the new model was in production and nearing release. Consumers have the right to choose when they upgrade which you did and your new computer is now "secondhand" and worth less than you paid for it although Macs that are looked after hold their value quite well. Apple would need to send it away for a "refurbish" to make it look and feel new. Phone an Apple Store and explain the situation: there might be a discretion to offer a slightly better trade-in than you see online but maybe not.

If you are affluent, maybe you can treat yourself to the new machine and forget about a loss made on the recent purchase. If money is a big consideration, console yourself that your present Mac will run better and faster on Big Sur and, even though it will be "second best", it will still be better than almost everyone else's computer.

I am looking forward to installing Big Sur on my Early 2015 MacBook Pro which I have to make do with for now.

Nov 11, 2020 11:48 AM in response to MohanVamsi

Apple has a generous returns policy intended to address both "Buyer's remorse" when it releases new computers, and overzealous selling of more computer than you need.

If and only if you bought direct from Apple, you can return/exchange-for-full-value the computer you bought. The standard policy is 14 days from receipt, not longer.

I bought a MacBook Pro like on September 17th. Is there any way that I can swap that MacBookPro with the latest M1 chip that has released today ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.