You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please tell me how to add music to an iMovie

There's no Sound button; I see no + sign, etc.

Both items are onscreen - how do I put the sound in the movie?

Thanks, Tom

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:11 PM

Just drag the clips down to the timeline. For those clips not yet in the media browser in the upper left of your screen shot, click on the Audio button (right next to "My Media) at the top of the browser and that will reveal your music items in the side bar. (Right now you are in the "My Media" view, and you want to get in the Audio view.) Click on the music items to access your iTunes music and Side Effects. You will get a list of songs that you can drag down to the timeline below the video clips.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 9:11 PM in response to Tom Meade1

Just drag the clips down to the timeline. For those clips not yet in the media browser in the upper left of your screen shot, click on the Audio button (right next to "My Media) at the top of the browser and that will reveal your music items in the side bar. (Right now you are in the "My Media" view, and you want to get in the Audio view.) Click on the music items to access your iTunes music and Side Effects. You will get a list of songs that you can drag down to the timeline below the video clips.

-- Rich

Please tell me how to add music to an iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.