You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sound too loud

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is up to date with the iOS 14.2. My ringer is on the lowest, when my phone rings, it is relatively low which is perfect but my problem is the volume of my notifications. If I get a text or WhatsApp notification you can hear it all the way on the other side of the house. It is way way too loud. I have check all the settings and there is no way of reducing it. I don't want to have to put my phone on silence or vibration but the notification sound is quite annoying. My previous iPhone wasn't this loud. It feels like I am the only one experiencing this as I can't find answers anywhere. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 12:40 AM

Go to Settings > Music > EQ, then tap Off to turn off Music EQ. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual, then adjust the Balance slider. Set the audio volume balance to the center.

Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad ...

2 replies

Notification sound too loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.