You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cupertino Time displayed in Log-In screen

M1 MacBook Air macOS 11.0.1

When I power up my MacBook, the top right hand corner displays;

British Keyboard

A Battery Charge indicator

A digital clock showing the time 8 hours behind GMT (UTC) so at 10:02 it was displaying 02:02.

The menu bar, once loaded, shows the correct time.

Is this usual? I wonder if it's something to do with the time in Cupertino when the computer accesses the cloud/Apple ID?

I understand there are bug-fixes in macOS 11.1 relating to the M1 chip because there ARE different behaviours compared with Intel based Macs running 11.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 2:46 AM

8 replies

Dec 2, 2020 8:24 PM in response to richardfromheswall

richardfromheswall wrote:

M1 MacBook Air macOS 11.0.1
When I power up my MacBook, the top right hand corner displays;
British Keyboard
A Battery Charge indicator
A digital clock showing the time 8 hours behind GMT (UTC) so at 10:02 it was displaying 02:02.
The menu bar, once loaded, shows the correct time.
Is this usual? I wonder if it's something to do with the time in Cupertino when the computer accesses the cloud/Apple ID?
I understand there are bug-fixes in macOS 11.1 relating to the M1 chip because there ARE different behaviours compared with Intel based Macs running 11.0.1

File a bug report—Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

I would not try to reinstall the macOS on the M1 there are some known issues here as well.

Dec 2, 2020 8:16 PM in response to richardfromheswall

Hi all, same issue on my two new laptops - Pro and Air, both M1s. Spent an hour with support - normal and escalated, tried to run terminal in recovery mode and change time - no luck. Guy suggested to re-install OS, but as this is time consuming i didnt want to do so. He thinks its OS bug, so we have to wait till next patch - I asked him to inform development team about this. Just curious how wide spread is this issue.

Cupertino Time displayed in Log-In screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.