You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello! Can I use an Ipad 4 as home hub? Thank you. Valter

Hello! Can I use an Ipad 4 as home hub? Thank you. Valter Dionisie

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:37 AM

You can enable the Home Hub functions from iPad Settings:

Settings > Home > Use This iPad as a Home Hub - set to ON

More details can be found here:

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV or iPad as a home hub – Apple Support

10 replies

Dec 1, 2020 5:56 AM in response to Walter_Dio

I can't find the iOS system or hardware requirements for this, but since Apple Home Pods and the Home Hub feature is new, that these are NOT going to work with an over 8-year old iOS device running iOS 10.

These devices are probbsly 64-bit devices requiring, at least an iOS device that is capable of running iOS 11 or later or possibly iOS 12 or iPadOS 13, or later.

Your 2012, 4th gen iPad is going to be too old for an Apple Home Pod or Home Hub use.

Sorry.

Dec 1, 2020 6:03 AM in response to Walter_Dio

If you can't get the Home Hub feature to work with the current version of Apple's Home Kit app, which states compatibility with iOS 10, your iPad model maybe too old.

Go to the iOS App Store and install and download the Home Kit app and try and set it up and see what happens.

Let us know if you got the Home Hub feature to work on your older iPad 4th generation.

This would be good information to know for other users of older iPad 4th generation models.

Best of Luck to You!

Hello! Can I use an Ipad 4 as home hub? Thank you. Valter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.