You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Administrator Password?

Tried to download, but was asked for my administrator password. What is that? Nothing I tried gave me access. My MacBook is a 2019.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 6:08 AM

In settings, go to the users and groups section and tap on your account. Then look for a drop down menu labeled permissions or admin. Then change it to admin. Do you have any other users on your computer, or does anyone else use your computer?

9 replies

Dec 5, 2020 7:44 AM in response to DaCatmaster

Thank you. Might you know about smart tvs and iPhones, too? Bought a small smartie, so that we could watch Netflix. Works for us and we do not need to watch regular tv, so we are fine. But, I understand that I should be able to view my iPhone SE stuff on the screen. Went to connect devices on monitor, but seem unable to make the connection. Any ideas?

Administrator Password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.