You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in Big Sur: Play memories or slideshows without music

Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to hear music during my slideshows or memory movies. Yet many of these slideshows and movies contain video clips I have, and I'd like to hear the sound on these clips without the annoying music feature.

Mac Pro, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 4:33 PM

I did just figure out that you can choose Apple Music or delete "theme music" from any slide show that you create from a selection in Photos. The trick is that, rather than right-clicking a selection to make a slideshow, you use the menu bar to pull down File/Create/Slideshow/Photos. If you create your slideshow this way, you will be able to set duration parameters, transition style, and delete music so it will not play during your slideshow. However, it's really disappointing that, while your videos can be included in the slideshow, sound for those videos will not play as part of the slideshow.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2020 4:33 PM in response to MrMarcMac

I did just figure out that you can choose Apple Music or delete "theme music" from any slide show that you create from a selection in Photos. The trick is that, rather than right-clicking a selection to make a slideshow, you use the menu bar to pull down File/Create/Slideshow/Photos. If you create your slideshow this way, you will be able to set duration parameters, transition style, and delete music so it will not play during your slideshow. However, it's really disappointing that, while your videos can be included in the slideshow, sound for those videos will not play as part of the slideshow.

Photos in Big Sur: Play memories or slideshows without music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.