You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external harddrive invisible

Hello,

I updatet to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

My problem is that now I am not able to access my external hard drive anymore. I checked the boxes in finder to show external hard drives but it is still not shown. I can see that it is connected via disk utility but can't access the content. I would appreciate if someone knows the answer and would let me know. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 16, 2020 5:14 AM in response to DrFroschek

Hi DrFroschek,

We see that your external hard drive is not being detected after updating to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.

First, start here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. If the issue persists, reset the SMC by following the steps here: How to reset the SMC of your Mac.

If it still happens, test in safe mode by following the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Best regards.

external harddrive invisible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.