You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Pixel Problem

I *JUST* received my new MacBook Air M1 today and I really love it so far. It's fast and reliable.

However...

I notice that whenever I move a browser window, these small, usually green, spots/pixels appear from time to time. I am not if this is a faulty issue or if the screen is just getting accustomed to be used, but I am perplexed.

I waited three weeks for this machine, so it's kind of a bummer.

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 4:22 PM

There is no “getting accustomed to being used” with a MacBook display. It doesn’t sound right that you are seeing green spots, but without more detail or maybe even seeing it I’m not going to risk a definitive judgement. If you think there might be a problem Contact Apple Support and remember Apple has a 14 day return window, which means a defective device should normally be swapped out with a brand new replacement rather than workshopped or a reconditioned Exchange. (But remember M1 MacBooks have a lead time so don’t expect an instant replacement).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2020 4:22 PM in response to ConnorTexas94

There is no “getting accustomed to being used” with a MacBook display. It doesn’t sound right that you are seeing green spots, but without more detail or maybe even seeing it I’m not going to risk a definitive judgement. If you think there might be a problem Contact Apple Support and remember Apple has a 14 day return window, which means a defective device should normally be swapped out with a brand new replacement rather than workshopped or a reconditioned Exchange. (But remember M1 MacBooks have a lead time so don’t expect an instant replacement).

Macbook Air M1 Pixel Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.