You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to remove all the photos from ipad its too full , i want to keep them in a newer ipad

Can i remove all the photos in an older ipad and still keep them in a newer ipad ?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:41 PM

If they’re on both devices already, then go into the settings on the old ipad and access the iCloud settings. Turn off photo syncing. THis means that any photo changes made on the old device will not be reflected on the new one. Then delete your old photos.

iF you don’t have any other copies of the photos, you may want to use Dropbox or some other cloud syncing service and upload the photos there, just to have an extra copy (in case something goes weird or wrong better to have an extra copy than lose your only copy)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 1:41 PM in response to rose_terry74011

If they’re on both devices already, then go into the settings on the old ipad and access the iCloud settings. Turn off photo syncing. THis means that any photo changes made on the old device will not be reflected on the new one. Then delete your old photos.

iF you don’t have any other copies of the photos, you may want to use Dropbox or some other cloud syncing service and upload the photos there, just to have an extra copy (in case something goes weird or wrong better to have an extra copy than lose your only copy)

I need to remove all the photos from ipad its too full , i want to keep them in a newer ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.