You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot upload photos to Photos/ Big Sur

Ok, I have already asked this question. But I decided to reinstall Big Sur to see if a reinstall would fix something. I just bought this machine a few weeks ago. It is not like I have a history of this working and the not working. Photos crashes after saying waiting to load photos from my iPhone. Who has a solution? Works just fine on my other iMac running High Sierra. I think that takes the iPhone out of contention.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:58 PM

Hi

There seem to be a number of people with this problem on Big Sur. I can't help with that, but can suggest a workaround.

Try using the image capture app (part of MacOS) to download the phone images to a folder on your mac. You can then import them to photos from there.

Similar questions

1 reply

I cannot upload photos to Photos/ Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.