You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with updating macOS big Sur 11.1

Hi, everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.

I have tried it for the early morning to the late night and it hasn't improved.

I am sure that the problem is not the Internet since I could update my iPhone and iPad.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:47 AM

Mariamim Said:

"I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.[...]"

-------

Two Thoughts:

• New Admin User:

Create a temporary Administrator User, and see if you can perform the update that way. If that does not work...

• Safe Mode:

Try this in Safe Mode [boot holding down: command + R]. In Safe Mode, log in items do not run, and damaged system files(caches) may be fixed.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:47 AM in response to Mariamim

Mariamim Said:

"I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.[...]"

-------

Two Thoughts:

• New Admin User:

Create a temporary Administrator User, and see if you can perform the update that way. If that does not work...

• Safe Mode:

Try this in Safe Mode [boot holding down: command + R]. In Safe Mode, log in items do not run, and damaged system files(caches) may be fixed.

Issue with updating macOS big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.