You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV generation 4 will not play YouTube videos anymore.

Can't access YouTube videos on my Apple TV anymore.

No problem logging in to my YouTube account and watching the video overview, but when I start a video, there will be a black screen, with the spinning wheel. (See Attached Image)

I have reset my Apple TV and updated. Then I can watch videos on Apple again, but only until I switch to another App such as Netflix or similar - or start and switch between the differences videos on YouTube.

I have also tried and switched to another account (my wife's) that repeats the problem.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the YouTube app. Then I can play videos in until I exit the YouTube app for later and come back again, then the problem repeats itself.

I have reported the issue several times to YouTube, started 2 weeks ago, but the error is still there.

The question is where the error is - is it my Apple TV or YouTube.

Can I state that I have no problem accessing my YouTube account and watching videos from other devices, such as computers, iMac, iPad or similar devices from the same network.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 11:13 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 23, 2020 10:44 AM in response to morten work

Hi there, morten work,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're seeing error in the YouTube app when you attempt to load videos via your Apple TV. In this case, YouTube support would be best suited to assist you. If you need help to locate their contact information, you can follow the steps outlined here: How to contact an app developer

Take care!

Dec 26, 2020 12:15 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for your reply.

I have twice since my post had telephone contact for Apple support.

The supporter is in doubt about where the fault lies. The supporter believes that the fault lies with YouTube.

Via a Danish forum, however, several people have appeared with errors on their Apple TV 4K (Same as mine).

There are users on the forum who also have Apple TV HD who can watch YouTube videos without any problems.

So the error seems to be for us who have Apple TV 4K.

I now also contact the app developer as you suggest through the App Store.

Apple TV generation 4 will not play YouTube videos anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.