You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fraudulent use of Apple ID

I received an email that claims it's from Apple: "Your Apple ID, has just been used to purchase Strategy Games from the App Store on a computer or a device that had never been associated with that Apple ID." It sounds suspicious.

There was a receipt attached to the email for $15.30 for the app. Asked if it was me and it wasn't. It was not billed to me, but when I clicked to "Report a problem" it didn't seem quite right. I certainly did NOT authorize any purchase the "Strategy Games" app. What do I do?

Mary

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 12:46 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2020 12:46 PM in response to Mtanthonis

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Fraudulent use of Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.