You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone

why does my new phone keep asking for my old phones password ( and not Apple ID) how do I fix it?

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 9:25 AM

This just happened to me when activating my new iPhone..I got stuck in a loop needing to enter Apple ID password then verify my passcode then enter “other phone” previous passcode over and over but the phone kept not being able to verify even tho I was entering passcode correctly (as the same passcode is what was actively unlocking my device while this was happening). I FINALLY figured it out. I had a bunch of apps that needed UPDATED (within App Store) at the time of transfer from previous phone to new phone. Once I updated all of those individual apps, i was able to successfully sign in with my Apple ID password and stay signed in AND verify my passcode. That finally broke the loop without having to reset phone or sign out of iCloud etc as all of those steps did not work to resolve the issue (even tho that’s what every forum post I reviewed said to do to resolve it. It didn’t work for me but updating all those apps did work immediately).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2020 9:25 AM in response to haleigh102

This just happened to me when activating my new iPhone..I got stuck in a loop needing to enter Apple ID password then verify my passcode then enter “other phone” previous passcode over and over but the phone kept not being able to verify even tho I was entering passcode correctly (as the same passcode is what was actively unlocking my device while this was happening). I FINALLY figured it out. I had a bunch of apps that needed UPDATED (within App Store) at the time of transfer from previous phone to new phone. Once I updated all of those individual apps, i was able to successfully sign in with my Apple ID password and stay signed in AND verify my passcode. That finally broke the loop without having to reset phone or sign out of iCloud etc as all of those steps did not work to resolve the issue (even tho that’s what every forum post I reviewed said to do to resolve it. It didn’t work for me but updating all those apps did work immediately).

New phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.