You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Air cannot connect to my Samsung external monitor (s27r35x)

It connects to my AOC 27G2G4 just fine, but for my Samsung s27r35x it starts normally then goes black after a few seconds. The Mac still acknowledges the monitor is connected but the screen remains blank and the power LED on the monitor flashes as if nothing was connected.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 12:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 6:11 AM

Hey Manthila_MK,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're having trouble using one of your external monitors with your MacBook Air M1. Check out the following guides for help with using external displays:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

With your Mac working with a different display, you may also consider reaching out to Samsung Support if the issue continues: Samsung Support

Thanks again, and take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 6:11 AM in response to Manthila_MK

Hey Manthila_MK,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're having trouble using one of your external monitors with your MacBook Air M1. Check out the following guides for help with using external displays:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

With your Mac working with a different display, you may also consider reaching out to Samsung Support if the issue continues: Samsung Support

Thanks again, and take care.

Jan 29, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Manthila_MK

I bought a UNI USB C to DisplayPort Cable 3ft (4K@60Hz, 2K@165Hz), uni Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort Cable and connect my Samsung monitor to my new MacBook Air M1. The monitor displays perfectly, as long as the table is a direct connect to the MBA.

When I connect the cable to the StayGo USB-C Hub by TwelveSouth, the monitor display doesn't appear although I have turned it on. This is a bummer because if I have to connect the charging cable to the MBA and the monitor, I cannot plug in any USB flash or back up drive at the same time.

(I really miss the mag charger cable)

M1 MacBook Air cannot connect to my Samsung external monitor (s27r35x)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.