You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up my iPhone 12 pro max

I set up my iPhone 12 pro max and it used my email as main source of receiving messages and calls. I can’t figure out how to change it from my iCloud email to my phone number. I tried going to settings>messages>Send and receive but it still wont let me change it. Can someone please help me fix this.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:33 AM

You should be using the 5G SIM card however it appears that service has not been transferred to your new iPhone and SIM card. Please call your carrier and they will be able to resolve this quickly. Tell them that you have service on your old iPhone and would like it on your new iPhone AND you have the 5G SIM card in your new iPhone.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 8:33 AM in response to jacen246

You should be using the 5G SIM card however it appears that service has not been transferred to your new iPhone and SIM card. Please call your carrier and they will be able to resolve this quickly. Tell them that you have service on your old iPhone and would like it on your new iPhone AND you have the 5G SIM card in your new iPhone.

Axel F.

Setting up my iPhone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.