You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up icloud account

I just bought a new iphone 13 pro and started transfering my data to it from the iphone 11. I then wiped the 11. I can only send and recieve messages as the email that is on my iCloud account. I would like to put my phone number in. How can I do this

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 8:02 PM

Go to Settings>Messages. Check if iMessage is activated. If it is, then see this, Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 12, 2021 8:14 PM in response to miskinner01

Did you check to see if iMessage is activated on the phone? Do you have a SIM in the phone? Try turning iMessage off, the restarting the iPhone, then going back in and turning iMessage back on. See if that picks up your phone number. If not, then follow the instructions at the end of support document I linked for you and contact Apple Support.

Setting up icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.