You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Updates

I recently bought the app education bundle, and when I went to download and redeem my codes, it said I needed to be at IOS 10.15, after updating my 2017 MacBook twice, I realized that I am only at 10.13. I am very frustrated because there seems to be no way to quickly get to the newest version, so now I have to wait to download the apps that I just paid $200 for. Is there any way to get to 10.15 quickly that I do not know about?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 6:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 6:37 AM

How to get an Older version of macOS Just be sure the machine is compatible with Catalina before attempting the upgrade to new macOS. As always, make a Time Machine Backup before the upgrade, and I always suggest making 2 Test Bootable Clones each to separate external hard drives. Special Notation, Catalina does NOT support any 32 bit applications.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 6:37 AM in response to ellsp5

How to get an Older version of macOS Just be sure the machine is compatible with Catalina before attempting the upgrade to new macOS. As always, make a Time Machine Backup before the upgrade, and I always suggest making 2 Test Bootable Clones each to separate external hard drives. Special Notation, Catalina does NOT support any 32 bit applications.

Macbook Air Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.