You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Product complaints and Community Awards and Perks

I have just been given an "award" by Apple Communities for my contributions regarding the problem with my Apple watch app crashing on launch (and I see hundreds of other users have the same problem).

This has to be some sort of sick joke.. I don't want awards I want the problem fixed!!!

There have been useful responses from users but nothing to my knowledge from Apple.

If all one gets from Apple themselves in response to a complaint is a "reward" perhaps Apple should create a few more faults to complain about in their expensive products so we can all get even more rewards!

What would be a true reward would be official Apple recognition of the problem and some indication that they intend to fix it in a timely manner.

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 9:15 AM

Shark, I have the very same observation. Apple treats its customers like we're all 12 year old girls. We don't care about "awards" or "sharing". Example. You cannot manually set or adjust the stride, so that your steps convert to miles correctly. The only way to "calibrate" the watch is to walk outdoors away from trees and buildings for 20+ minutes for GPS to determine your stride. Problem with that? Yes--people spreading covid without masks in every park or track. Also, the minor issue of GPS only being accurate to 80 feet makes me wonder how precise the GPS calibration could be. People have been asking for this on this forum for over five years. If you do a search for "adjust stride", you get the maximum results--600 messages!

If you post the question, you get an award. I suppose I'll get another award for replying to your message! This is part of the participation trophy syndrome. I guess the kids who got trophies for their soccer team's last place finish for all those years...are now working at Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 9:15 AM in response to GtWtShark

Shark, I have the very same observation. Apple treats its customers like we're all 12 year old girls. We don't care about "awards" or "sharing". Example. You cannot manually set or adjust the stride, so that your steps convert to miles correctly. The only way to "calibrate" the watch is to walk outdoors away from trees and buildings for 20+ minutes for GPS to determine your stride. Problem with that? Yes--people spreading covid without masks in every park or track. Also, the minor issue of GPS only being accurate to 80 feet makes me wonder how precise the GPS calibration could be. People have been asking for this on this forum for over five years. If you do a search for "adjust stride", you get the maximum results--600 messages!

If you post the question, you get an award. I suppose I'll get another award for replying to your message! This is part of the participation trophy syndrome. I guess the kids who got trophies for their soccer team's last place finish for all those years...are now working at Apple.

Product complaints and Community Awards and Perks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.