You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Arcade - Oceanhorn 2 crashing when 25% saved

Whenever my sons Oceanhorn 2 game saves to 25% it crashes. He’s started two profiles/games and when both got to 25% saved, he can’t Play them anymore. Any ideas?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 12:06 PM

Same thing happened with us. I believe it’s because we are running the older HD Apple TV (from 2015) instead of the newer refresh from 2017.

You would assume they would test the game fully, but perhaps not.

Our game kept crashing when exiting the tower at the top (about 25% into the game) and I believe this has to do with overwhelming the graphics processor.

Our solution: we loaded the game on our newest Apple iPhone from the iCloud data and played the game until we entered a dungeon again. This has allowed us to them load the game from the dungeon on the AppleTV since both devices always load from the primary save point on iCloud.

We haven’t run into another crash but if we do, I am sure we will then load the game on the iPhone and get it further into the game at a less graphically demanding save point.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 12:06 PM in response to OoooooooooooooooooooO

Same thing happened with us. I believe it’s because we are running the older HD Apple TV (from 2015) instead of the newer refresh from 2017.

You would assume they would test the game fully, but perhaps not.

Our game kept crashing when exiting the tower at the top (about 25% into the game) and I believe this has to do with overwhelming the graphics processor.

Our solution: we loaded the game on our newest Apple iPhone from the iCloud data and played the game until we entered a dungeon again. This has allowed us to them load the game from the dungeon on the AppleTV since both devices always load from the primary save point on iCloud.

We haven’t run into another crash but if we do, I am sure we will then load the game on the iPhone and get it further into the game at a less graphically demanding save point.

Apple Arcade - Oceanhorn 2 crashing when 25% saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.