You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto library to Photo

I converted from iPhoto to Photos on my MacBook Pro, but lost my photo library from iPhoto. How can I recover my library and load them into Photos?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 1:02 PM

Locate your iPhoto Library (usually in the default Pictures folder location) and drag it onto the Photos icon in the Dock or in the Applications folder. That will migrate your iPhoto library to a Photos library.

Or launch Photos with the option key and select the iPhoto library in the Open window.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 1:02 PM in response to TomPitt1948

Locate your iPhoto Library (usually in the default Pictures folder location) and drag it onto the Photos icon in the Dock or in the Applications folder. That will migrate your iPhoto library to a Photos library.

Or launch Photos with the option key and select the iPhoto library in the Open window.

iPhoto library to Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.