You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i start up my macbook air five applications open

on start up I would like no applications to open

-Microsoft Word, Microsoft login, Skype, and three others are opening and I don't want them to. I checked on YouTube and did what the video said-open system preferences-user groups - but my screen was not the same as theirs so I just deleted them all but it didn't work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:16 AM

You may have to go into the applications settings themselves and look for the option ' Automatically open on startup' or something similar. Settings in the app themselves overwrite what you do in 'Users&Groups' and will keep re-appearing in the 'Login Items' list as long as the setting in the app itself is not changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 3:16 AM in response to ten10ten10

You may have to go into the applications settings themselves and look for the option ' Automatically open on startup' or something similar. Settings in the app themselves overwrite what you do in 'Users&Groups' and will keep re-appearing in the 'Login Items' list as long as the setting in the app itself is not changed.

when i start up my macbook air five applications open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.