You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Elph 330 CF files don't mount in Mojave, cards do not mount.

The 20 yo camera itself still works, but my 2014 Mac Mini running Mojave cannot see the CF cards in a reader. The reader is USB 2, and is visible in System Information, just not a card with files. Not with Image Capture, Graphic Converter 11, or Photos. Of course, Canon has no current software for this issue. I have a G4 Mac mini I may have to put back in service, just for this. Any other helpful solutions, hopefully appreciated. Thank you

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 3:35 PM

Refusing to be defeated, I plugged the CF card reader into my HP ENVY 7645 front usb port, and found a dim red lit glow which I had not seen as a result from any other ports. The printer asked if I was scanning to the USB drive, I said wait, no. Then, I discovered the CF card had mounted on the desktop! So I copied the images to a folder, and the other CF cards I have collected, to a folder. For whatever the reason, we have a solution. thanks for reading my question, our prayers have an answer. The oldest digital photos I know of are now in my hard drive, waiting for me. I hope it works on the micro SD card from my 3G phone, too.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2021 3:35 PM in response to Pete S

Refusing to be defeated, I plugged the CF card reader into my HP ENVY 7645 front usb port, and found a dim red lit glow which I had not seen as a result from any other ports. The printer asked if I was scanning to the USB drive, I said wait, no. Then, I discovered the CF card had mounted on the desktop! So I copied the images to a folder, and the other CF cards I have collected, to a folder. For whatever the reason, we have a solution. thanks for reading my question, our prayers have an answer. The oldest digital photos I know of are now in my hard drive, waiting for me. I hope it works on the micro SD card from my 3G phone, too.

Canon Elph 330 CF files don't mount in Mojave, cards do not mount.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.