You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete the calendar app completely?

How do I delete the calendar app from my iPad Pro? I have been invaded by spam which keeps giving me warning devices and I cannot use the calendar so I thought I would just get rid of it and use a different calendar in place

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 8:56 AM

Using iPadOS13 : Settings>Passwords&Accounts>Accounts... delete the rogue calendar you subscribed to.

Using iPadOS14 or later: Settings>Calendar>Accounts... delete the rogue calendar you subscribed to.

Regards

GIulio

2 replies

Jan 3, 2021 4:12 PM in response to Xenophobe-jas

The problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “adverts” or other warnings. 

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

How do I delete the calendar app completely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.