You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get my ipad as a second screen for my macbook pro

So I have tried just about anything to get this to work, but no matter what I do I can't get my ipad to be a second screen for my macbook pro. My mac is running MacOS Big Sur while my ipad is running IpadOs 14.3. I have tried sidecar, but when I look for it, because it isn't in my system preferences, it gives me this message "You can’t open the “Sidecar” preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time." Both devices have the same apple id, I made sure, and I have tried through bluetooth and wiring it in. I have also tried to see if it will work through airplay, but that wont show up either. I am getting really frustrated, and do not understand why this wont work! Please someone help me!

MacBook

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:34 AM

See this support document for Sidecar system requirements. I am using it on my iPad Pro 11 and my MBA 2019 running Big Sur and it works just fine. Review all of the settings and device requirements in the list and try again. Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't get my ipad as a second screen for my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.