You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received this email: Activation Lock is requesting your password on my iPhone.

Well the hole story is that originally my iPhone got wet and it got into the infinite Apple logo loop. I tried everything to fix it but I just couldn't. So I send it iPhone and my Cousings iPhone (Same problem) to an expert that fixes broken phones. So at the next day we received the Activation Lock Email both. I'm just confused what this actually means, does it mean that my iPhone still works? Because the fixer said that the two phones were dead. So maybe I shouldn't trust the fixer.

My iPhone is an iPhone X and my cousin is an iPhone Xr.

Thank you for your support.

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 1:29 PM

Sounds like the guy sold your phones or the insides of your phones onto someone else. Not such an expert!

Do not respond with any password.

NEVER let anyone other than Apple fix your iphone

If you get an iphone wet, have Apple recycle it and provide a discounted replacement

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 1:29 PM in response to mickollanz

Sounds like the guy sold your phones or the insides of your phones onto someone else. Not such an expert!

Do not respond with any password.

NEVER let anyone other than Apple fix your iphone

If you get an iphone wet, have Apple recycle it and provide a discounted replacement

Jan 13, 2021 12:43 AM in response to mickollanz

Selling on locked phones or phone internals is not normal.

Water damage (AKA caveat emptor)

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty, but you might have rights under consumer law.

I received this email: Activation Lock is requesting your password on my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.