You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library

I have been moving photos from my recent folder and adding them to shared albums. I delete the photo from recent.

I recently read that doing that deletes those photos from my iCloud storage, however I see photos in those folders older than 30 days.

I’m confused and don’t want to loose photos....... HELP

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 8:04 PM

I have been moving photos from my recent folder and adding them to shared albums. I delete the photo from recent.

You really should not do this.

Shared album are not stored in your iCloud storage. Photos in shared albums are downsized and you are limited to how many you can store.

If those shared albums disappear for whatever reason, you do not have copies of the photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2021 8:04 PM in response to Grace-lstar

You really should not do this.

Shared album are not stored in your iCloud storage. Photos in shared albums are downsized and you are limited to how many you can store.

If those shared albums disappear for whatever reason, you do not have copies of the photos.

Photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.